Friday, July 29, 2011

15 Month Update and More!

Preston has been absolutely enjoying every bit of summer.  Between play dates with friends and family, him and I have been grocery shopping, cooking, and, of course, eating lots of frozen yogurt.  The kid can't get enough fruit and with all of the new frozen yogurt places popping up, he is in heaven.  I am very happy to have a child that loves fruit as much as me, but sometimes, I wish he'd love his veggies as much! 

Tuesday was Preston's 15 month check up, and to be expected, everything went well.  He is still int he 25 percentile for weight, 50th for height, and 92nd, yes you read that correctly, for head.  I'm just happy it wasn't that big when he was born.  The doctor was very pleased with all of the above- and considering his head doesn't look abnormally big, so was I.  We discussed the fact that he will be rejoining the daycare scene in just a few weeks and reviewed our current preventative measures.  When we spoke with the pulmonologist back in June, it was decided that Preston would be put on "Flovent."  This is in an inhaler that he will take twice a day, everyday. Preston was diagnosed with Constrictive Airway Disease and the doctors are sure this is going to help keep my baby boy from most lung diseases this season.  We will continue to have quarterly visits with the pulmonologist to monitor everything going on inside this precious little boy.  I'm trying to have faith that the doctors know more then me and everything is going to be better this year.  With a couple of prayers to God and modern medicine, let's hope it all works out.

Back to his check up, she was very pleased with his iron levels (which required a quick prick to the toe-oddly enough that didn't bother Preston, the band aide afterward made him scream like crazy.  As soon as it was off, he was fine).  She was also VERY impressed with his vocabulary and talking.  I can't say I was surprised as he is a talker, but come on, that was to be expected with a mother like me:)  He's picking up new words weekly and LOVES to copy just about anything he hears (I'm still working on certain words in my vocabulary because of this). 

He had to get 4 vaccines, but luckily, our doctor was able to find combined, preservative free ones.  That means he only had to get "stuck" twice.  He cried right when he got the shots and fussed the way home, but after that, he was great.  Luckily for us, he has never had an adverse side effects from the shots (no fever, fussiness, etc.)  I was hoping for that again, and that is what we got!  Overall, great visit!

When Preston starts school, he will be taking only one nap a day from 12:00 to 2:30 ON A NAP MAT!  For those of you that don't know Preston well, THIS IS CRAZY!!!!  First he usually likes TWO 2 hour naps IN HIS BED.  The boy doesn't sleep anywhere else.  Because of the time, I've been working on moving him to one nap a day here and there.  He seems to do pretty well with it, as long as I can keep his very entertained until noon.  He will usually sleep for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours if we drop him down to one nap.  In fact, yesterday, he slept for 3 1/2 hours- it was great!  I can't complain, the kid is a great sleeper (now I should say- the first six months- not so much).  Now onto the nap mat... I've tried to explain to the director how crazy that is going to be.  She asked, "I mean does he ever fall asleep on the floor playing?"  "UMMM- NO!"  Preston will only sleep in his crib and he likes to put himself to sleep- not be rocked or patted.  He usually plays in his bed for about 10 minutes before crashing.  The director says I will be very surprised... I informed her, oh no, you will be very surprised.  We decided to just let them work on that with him when starts back.  Maybe seeing the other kiddos will inspire him (oh- I can't even type that without laughing).  I guess time will tell on this one.

We leave for Nashville one week from today.  I am very excited to get there, but dreading the flight.  Brad and I have been coming up with several strategies to use while in the air.  Food, drinks, books, iTouch, singing, and toys are definitely on the list.  I guess it will be 2 adults to 1 little guy- but that's how it is at our house- and most of the time the little guy wins.  It will be so wonderful to spend time with the Gray family for a long weekend.  We haven't seen any of them since the wedding, which also means they have not met Preston.  He is at SUCH a fun age, and I can't wait for him to see everyone.  I have SO many wonderful memories from spending summers there as a little girl.  I'm looking forward to going back and remembering them as well as introducing Preston to the same ones!

Here is a picture updates of some of July's craziness.  I haven't been really good with the getting the camera out lately, but August should be better!


-----------------*************------------------

The weekend of our second anniverary, Preston spent some time with the other Emerson's.


He loved Ava's kitchen... we found him a cute little garage type thing in lue of getting him his own kitchen!




Yay for Aunt Candace's yummy food!



Early morning bed head!


One Sunday morning, Brad and I decided to take Preston out to the Emerson family ranch.  He was very impressed by everything out there- a whole new world to him!




Hello Mr. Cowboy- are you real?

Here, Dad, I can do this for you.



Just some everyday fun at the Emerson house-

Say WHAT?  You want me to eat all of that?


He sits in these chairs backwards every time!


Playdate at Logan's house!


He has become VERY obsessed with taking his shoes on and off (of course with my help which can get pretty boring pretty quickly).








Playdate with sweet Caroline!




Bubbles with Dad!



Pool playdate with Maddox, Braden, their mommies, and Leigh!


YAY mom- it's been a great summer!