Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Bluest Eyes in Texas

Because we're Texan (and because I love to find a good excuse to take pictures with my camera), myself and four other crazy mom friends decided to take our adorable babies to... you guessed it, the bluebonnets. 

When I think of bluebonnets, I think of a couple of things:

One- the AMAZING pictures Katie and I took of Caroline and Preston last year.  Preston was about 10 DAYS old and Caroline was about 6 months old.  It is amazing to look back and see the difference a year can make!  I will post some from last year soon for comparison of these beautiful babies then and now:)  I am so grateful that we were able to capture that moment in our lives!

Two- My mother has plenty of blackmail pictures- one I can think of distinctly- of herself, my sister, Prissy (our childhood dog), and myself in the bluebonnets.  In fact, I think I am going to look for it in our huge tub of pictures just catch another glimpse of our lovely huge hair (which had to have required at least 2 cans of aerosol hairspray to hold) and, of course, white shirts tucked into the high wasted denim pants- nothing screams 90s more than these pictures.  I am too, very grateful to have these. 

I'm hoping when Preston is older, he was cherish all of the time and freaking HIKING we did just to get pictures of his blue eyes next to the blue bonnets!  He did LOVE the bluebonnets.  He has always been a fan of grass and playing in it.  HE LOVED sitting in them, crawling in them, oh yeah, and occasionally eating them.  Don't worry- the good mother that I am, I swatted it out of his hand (um- only to find another one in it a few seconds later.  This is, however, better than the June bug he tried to consume last night... again, don't worry he didn't swallow it.  Come on, what kind of mother do you think I am?)

We loved seeing our friends even if we lost a set of keys, a teether, my sunglasses, oh and some of our sanity!  Enjoy some of my favorites of the bluest eyes in Texas... 









Best Friends!





Pictured above: Logan, Caroline, Preston, Blakely, and Lily
(oh and yes, that is Preston eating a bluebonnet)


Yes, Preston has officially learned to point:)