Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Preston's Big Cousin is SIX!

Brad and I have been close to this little girl from the day she was born (though we were in Austin at that time).  We have been beyond blessed to have this sassy, sweet, and super fun girl in our lives.  Seeing this Ava grow up is simply amazing (but also a little sad).  I can remember her when she was Preston's age and I don't ever want to forget all of the wonderful times we have all had together.  Ava is the reason we wanted children.  Ava is the reason we knew we could love unconditionally.  Watching her take on the big cousin role is the best thing in the world.  She is beyond loving and caring to Preston.  She had her life turned around 15 and 1/2 months ago, but you would never know the difference.  She adores him as much as he does her.  Seeing them together can only bring a smile to my face (unless he's pulling her hair and she's accidentally knocking him down).

So, thank you Princess for being my "first born" (from another mother) and teaching me how to be a mom.  I love you more than words can explain (even when you tell me how much you don't like your birthday present that I stressed over getting)!!!  And thank you Candace, for letting us be such a big part in this little girls life!

Now onto some party pictures!