Thursday, January 26, 2012

Fort Worth Stock Show

How is it possible that Brad and I have lived in the DFW area for our whole lives, but neither one of us had ever been to the stock show?  I have NO clue!  Based on the fact that Preston LOVES farm animals and the weather was gorgeous, I thought it would be fun to go out there for just a little bit, walk around, and admire the animals.  I did not know how much we all would LOVE it.  What was meant to be about a 45 minute outing turned into FOUR hours!  There was SO much to do there and Preston soaked it all in.  We actually went around 11 because I thought that would give us about 45 minutes there and then head home for nap time.  We ended up having fun right through naptime.  That just goes to show how much Preston enjoyed it.  I don’t think we’ve skipped a nap in months.  Though this wasn’t on purpose, it ended up working out.  After we had seen all we could see (including the Fort Worth Science Museum which is free with the admission into the stock show), Preston then asked to go night night.  We took that as our hint to go.  We got to the car around 3ish.  He then asked for his bed.  Unfortunately for him we are not able to carry his bed along with us- but it wasn’t one minute into the drive home and he was out.  He slept the entire way home and went straight to his bed when he got there.  I woke him up at 5 because I didn’t want to have a night owl on our hands.  
Overall, it was a perfect day, and again, a new tradition in the Emerson family! 


Why are you looking at Mommy?  Look at the cows!