Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Countdown Begins Until Preston Turns TWO!

Lately, when people ask me how old Preston is, it literally feels like a blow to the gut when I respond with "Almost two."  It still doesn't seem real, though I know it is, and I know everything it took to get here.  It isn't that I don't want my baby to grow up, it's that I don't want my baby to grow up so fast. 

 It feels like just yesterday I was freaking out about leaving to go to the hospital even though my water broke, and by that time, I had no choice.  I remember telling Brad, "Um, I think my water just broke."  Then two (of the quickest in my life) hours later, we left for the hospital.  I don't honestly remember those two hours much.  It is a blur.  The emotions that came over me are unforgettable, but the exact play-by-play I'm completely at a loss for.  For once in my life, I had no clue what to expect or what to do.  I had no clue what would be waiting for me 14 hours later.  The moment I saw him, I realized what my life had been missing.  Though at times I still feel an overwhelming since of stress and exhaustion, I still know he was what I waited my whole life for.  He was and still is the most amazing thing on this earth (even when the throws his sippy cup square in my face and refuses to say he is sorry).

The first 6  months Preston was here did not, indeed, go by slow.  I honestly thought the sleepless nights and long days were never going to end.  Nursing, pumping, rocking (sometimes without a baby because lets be honest having a baby makes you a little crazy), running on fumes, etc.  BUT that did all end and it was  followed by the quickest months of my entire life.  The quickest, craziest, funnest, tiring, simply amazing months of my life.  I only know that the older he gets, the less and less I am going to remember the every day details of his life.   But with that, each month that passes, I also get to experience more, even greater experiences.  

We are getting ready to celebrate this fancy two year olds barn yard birthday!  Because I couldn't possibly send out invitations without adorable pictures to accompany, Brad and I took P out to the ranch and snapped these boot-scootin' pictures of Cowboy Preston.  It only took five minutes to get these shots, but when you have a precious subject, it makes it easy!

Enjoy and as Preston would say, "Howdy Partner!"