Sunday, April 15, 2012

Preston in Action

I just realized I have not uploaded any of Preston's videos in the past month!  I try my best to capture all of Preston's "new" things on video, but it seems the older he gets, the more frequent they come.  I can't quite capture all of the awesome (and some-not-so-awesome as you will see in a moment) memories, but I will keep trying! 

Here is the last one of him as a 22 month old-
This was actually over Spring Break, so he was almost 23 months old.  I was trying to get a video of him singing "Clean up," as he is such a doll when he sings it AND actually cleans up.  As you can see, I didn't get that too much, but I did get him stacking blocks and being very proud of myself.  Turned out to be super cute anyway.

Last week, April 3rd to be exact, DFW experienced some pretty scary weather with several tornadoes and damaging hail.  To be honest, I was a nervous wreck the whole time it was happening.  I remember right when we all heard the weather was getting bad- and by bad, I do mean eventually a tornado about 5 minutes away from our house, my school, and P's school- I called Preston's school.  Of course, I didn't want to be "that mother," but I was also a nervous wreck about them waking him up from nap time to go into duck and cover.  Of course mother nature could not wait until the afternoon to come through.  I told the director, "Please do not wake Preston up if y'all have to go into duck-and-cover.  He will be horrible for me.  You can if it is after 2:30, but not before then unless you see a cyclone coming down from the sky."  Of course, I didn't really want them to wait that long, but I did want them to know how truly horrible Preston could be sans-nap.  Well, I guess I wasn't too powerful because about 15 minutes after we got off the phone, I got an email saying they were waking the kids up and going into duck-in-cover.  Don't get me wrong- I do think they did the right thing.  BUT when the weather passed, and everything around us was in one piece, all I could think about what the nightmare I was going to be picking up.  AND as I predicted, he was just that.  This video captures my insane, almost two year old.  He acted like this until we put him to bed.  If only I could have put him to bed the 2398 times he asked- I just couldn't risk him waking up at 3:00 AM. 
Oh the joys of parenting--- 


If you know me, you know I have Bieber Fever- Justin Bieber that is.  I have fortunately passed that along to my child who loves to sing and dance to his music!  Mama and son love to have a good time singing and dancing!  Too bad I have to listen to the songs on repeat though... it makes them not awesome for long. 




Finally, a couple of weeks ago, we went to a Mansfield High School Baseball game (vs our hometown of Midlothian actually- and not-to-my-surprise Mansfield won).  Ever since then, Preston has been obsessed with making every object a bat and ball.  We have been playing inside and outside for a couple of weeks.  I have to say, I am impressed with his bat holding skills (and if you notice- I'm about 90% sure he's going to be left handed.  Every time he picks up the bat, this is how he holds it.  I'm trying to pay close attention to everything else too, we shall see).  He's the next "Hambone," until he hurts his foot, that is...