Friday, February 4, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like... Um, Christmas in February

Anyone living in the DFW area knows how truly crazy our weather can be.  Last SATURDAY, the weather was beautiful- 70s to UPPER 70s!  We played outside, went for a walk, and so much more.  Tuesday we were hit with an "Ice Storm."  School has now been cancelled for the 4TH DAY in a row!  It has been VERY nice to have this extra "surprise" time with my baby boy.  Brad joined us both Tuesday and Wednesday, but decided he had to go in yesterday.  Last night/ early this morning, we were only supposed to get about 1-2 inches of snow, but man were they wrong.  Talk about 6-8 inches of snow!  IT'S BEAUTIFUL!  Brad still went into work this morning (and it took him a nice 2 hours), so it's just P and I enjoying the nice scenery!  I took him out this morning- all bundled in his snow suit (which why we had that is still a little surprising to me) and a hat what was a little too snug (but I would like to point out is sized 12-18 month).  He was VERY confused at first and still a little unsure at this point.  Here are some of the great pictures I got of Preston Robert (Snow-Puppy)!

Almost ready to head outside and a little irritated with his mommy for
squeezing this hat onto his head!




Our new yard gnome!



We also visited Preston's amazing pediatrician today!  It was time for his NINE MONTH well check (man has time flown by)!  We actually made it to this appointment without a sick visit in between!  Yay!  Anyway, she said he sounds perfect (YES!!!)!  He's developing right on schedule!! 

His stats were as follows:
Weight 18.10 lbs (25%)
Height (85%)
Head (90%- yes you read that right, 90%- he a has big head)! 

The doctor was not concerned about his weight at this point as he has been so sick the past 7-8 weeks and it is an increase from the last time we were in there.  She expects him to start putting back on the weight gradually.  He has gotten even taller as last visit he was in the 80% for his height!  That's my boy!  Now onto his head, fortunately, is LOOKS proportionate to his body and that is because he is tall.  I honestly can't say I was shocked by this number because both his Mommy and Daddy have larger, I mean slightly larger, heads!  We are starting to add more foods and less formula!  This will be great as the kid LOVES food and isn't a huge fan of the bottle (to be honest, he never really has been after I stopped nursing)! 

I would like to give a special thanks to my amazing friend and co-worker, Kitti, who can to the rescue when I just didn't know how I would drive my low-to-the-ground Acura TL in this deep snow.  She came and picked us up in her 4-wheel drive Hummer and took us to the doctor.  Just another reminder of what wonderful people we have surrounding us.  We are beyond blessed to have so many caring people willing to help out whenever and wherever!