Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"Turtle" is on the move....

Amidst all of the things that went on last week... baby boy FINALLY decided to become mobile.  Yes, I know this should be an exciting moment for parents.  BUT- let's just be honest, Brad and I are terrified.  This boy is busy... he was busy in the womb, a busy newborn, and now, a busy MOBILE baby!!!!

He started the army crawl (which consisted of his right leg doing all of the work and his left leg flapping back and forth like fin) 2-3 weeks ago (maybe a little longer, honestly time has gotten the best of me).  Shortly after that, he would get up on all fours and rock back and forth just trying to hard to move. 

Friday, the day we were released from the hospital, I was cleaning up the kitchen while my little turtle (as I call him and you will see why in a minute) was playing so sweetly on the floor taking ALL of his toys out of his basket.  At this point, he would just play sitting up and then flop onto his belly and not be able to sit up as he could not go from laying to sitting (which I now know is a blessing). 

Back to the kitchen and playing--- all of the sudden I glance down at Preston (I can only glance because if the boy sees me looking, it's all over and momma has to sit right next to him while he plays and throws toys at me), and wouldn't you know it... he was BACK to sitting up.  I got very excited, but again, you must remember I didn't want Preston to know I was watching.  About a minute later, he was back on his belly and then BAM! as I was not looking again... back to sitting.  I finally caught it with my own eye the THIRD time and couldn't control myself.  I called just about anyone who was willing to listen to "PRESTON CAN GO FROM LAYING TO SITTING!"  His daddy was top on the list as he was out of town for work (of course that is when Preston decides to perform).  I loved on him for a little bit and told him how proud I was... blah, blah, blah all things I'm sure which he didn't understand, but gave me the "Preston" grin all along! 

About an hour after that, him and I were sitting on the floor (note that I DID have to sit and play with him after the whole knock-down-drag-out excitement from the sitting up on his own) and he just decided to crawl to the blue light on our DirectTV box.  Just like that... just took himself right over there to see what it was all about.  I nearly came unglued!!!  Yes, at this moment, I was excited until it finally hit me later what this meant.  I immediately grabbed my video camera and phone.  Using both at the same time (which I now know is not a good idea because you can hear my lovely conversation with Brad the whole video).  I finally coaxed the little stinker back over to me and caught it on video.  Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get that specific video uploaded on here, so a few days later I grabbed our small Kodak mini (Thank you Aunt Brandi) and got a video of him not only crawling, but also a little waving, coughing, yelling, and all the other things I find adorable when my child does it, but not so much other kids:) 

As mentioned earlier, one reason I call P "turtle," is for how VERY slow the boy moves at this point, but at least he's going somewhere in his mind even if it takes him a year and half (he has gotten quicker since this, but not super fast just yet) to get there.  The second reason: I used to call him "turd," then I shortly realized I got some your a "great" mom looks from people and just decided to add the "le" to make it a little less demeaning in peoples eyes.


Enjoy the video:) 


Note: Please disregard my horribly annoying voice.  Listening to this really makes me feel sorry for Brad who has to listen to that everyday.