Wednesday, November 16, 2011

One Little Monkey Jumping on the Bed


This year, we decided Preston would be a monkey!  When he was first learning his animal sounds, this was one of the ones he picked up quickly (plus he's kind of like a monkey because he never sits still and is ca-ray-zee)!  When we first put it on him, he hated it.  Everything to do with it- until he saw himself in the mirror.  He was as happy as could  be.  I joked in the weeks before Halloween that I was going to have to take a hand mirror around with us in the wagon trick-or-treating. 

The weekend before Halloween, Brad, Preston, and I headed to the Mansfield Fall Festival.  Last year, we didn't dress Preston up, but this year, I wanted to try to get him used to his costume.  I totally introduced it differently to him this time.  I showed him the bag it came in along with the picture.  I said, "Oh Preston don't you want to be a monkey?"  Grinning from ear to ear, "Montey!"  He couldn't wait to get it on.
We got him all dressed to leave.  As we were waiting on Brad, Preston thought it was a good idea to try to put on my tennis shoes with his costume (what monkey doesn't need tennis shoes, right?).  Of course, right after that he feel face first into our ceramic tile.  Luckily, he wasn't severely hurt, but he did earn a massive goose-egg RIGHT on the center of his forehead.  You can kind of see it in some of the pictures, but just ignore it (and yes, it goes worse as the day went on).


"Yes Mommy, I need to wear these too."

"Really?  I'm ready to GO!"
"But I'll smile for a few to get you out of my face."






He was obsessed with putting his foot in his Halloween bucket.

Daddy and Monkey!