Tuesday, November 15, 2011

To Mohawk or Not To Mohawk...

When I was pregnant, all I would think about was what Preston was going to look like.  I would tell Brad ALL of the time that I hoped he had Brad's beautiful blue eyes and blonde hair (oh and his nose because I have always had issues with mine).  I knew the chances of him having blonde hair and blue eyes was highly likely as I had both as a child too.  I remember (and this might be TMI, but...) when he was being delivered, my mom kept saying "Oh my gosh look at all of his hair!!"  I looked at her and said- "Huh?  Hair?"  In my mind, blonde babies were always born bald- and that's what I was picturing (plus I had no hair until I was about 2).  She was smiling from ear-to-ear "Look at all of that blonde hair!"  Before I was even able to see him, I was beyond excited to see all of this blonde hair.  That will forever be a moment I remember, and to this day it feels like yesterday.

As Preston got older, his hair changed a bit, but it has always been blonde and thick!  If you reference my previous blogs, you also know Preston has had several haircuts- only to maintain the mullet in the back.  It really doesn't grow much on top yet.  A couple of weeks ago, Brad and I took Preston to get his third haircut at this place right by our house.  The lady did a great job on his second haircut, so we thought, why not.  Well- I now know why not... She did a great job on the back, but completely messed up the top.  Now in her defense, his hair does grow odd on the top- some pieces long, some short, and some nonexistent (oh and some in the cowlick right in the front exactly like his Daddy).  But, man oh man, does his hair look funny.  In fact, the first time Ava saw it (and she didn't even know how awful I thought it was), she said, "Nice haircut, Buddy."  COMPLETELY SARCASTICALLY.  Now if a 6 year old can notice it, it has to be pretty ridiculous.  Oh well, it will grow back... RIGHT???

Now, I took him to school the next day and explained the whole thing.  When I went to pick him up, they had styled his hair in a Mohawk.  Brad is not a fan of the punk-rock child... and to be honest, neither am I.  BUT I do have to say he looked adorable.  Here is an adorable picture and video of Preston's fancy new hairdo (or at least for that day).

Yes, he is eating pizza with eggs/sausage for dinner. 
A little left overs from the weekend never hurt!