Thursday, December 1, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree...

I'm basically obsessed with decorating for Christmas!  Every year I seem to talk Brad into doing it earlier and earlier!  This year, in fact, we had the whole inside decorated two weeks BEFORE Thanksgiving... and that was with Brad making me wait a bit!  It is absolutely my FAVORITE time of year.  I love the way my house looks.  I love the cozy feeling.  I love the excitement.  I love the shopping (though this year I've done a lot online).  I love the atmosphere.  I love having a child to experience it all with.  Ugh- I just love it all.  

Brad and Preston put up the main tree while I tried to do basically everything else.  Preston was very involved through the whole process (and you know his Daddy was just thrilled with every moment- unlike me, he actually enjoys Preston "helping,").  It was so neat to watch as he learned about yet again another tradition of setting up the tree.  He loves it all, especially the star on top!  After we had everything set up just perfectly, we then had to teach Preston that the Christmas tree was hot and would hurt if he touched it. It seems to be working well.  Not the best.  Not the worst.  I was terrified the bottom 3 feet of the tree were not going to be decorated this year, but surprisingly, he leaves it alone for the most part.  Every now and then he touches an ornament and says, "Pretty," "Ouch," "Hot," "No, no," etc!  BUT for the most part, he leaves it alone and just admires it.  We even added a few presents under it the other day- and I was MORE worried about this- however, the kid hasn't even noticed them... yet.


In the process of preparing for Christmas, I have also shown Preston just about every Santa picture/ video I can find.  I really want to get just as cute of a picture with Santa as I did last year... this means, I have to make sure the likes the jolly fellow.  I have his picture with Santa last year that I show him a lot- along with the one with him, Ava, and Santa.  When he sees him in a book, on tv, or in the pictures, he quickly identifies him as, "Shanhsa."  We plan on taking him soon to Mr. Claus and here's to hoping everyone in the store won't have to experience the blood curdling scream Preston sometimes so lovingly lets out!

Here are a few pictures to start off our Holiday Season!  (Please expect many more to come)!





He was a bit scared of being up so high (thus the huge deer in head lights look).

Organizing the outside Christmas lights (though they are still not up)


Trying a "pinterest," picture idea.

And someone wasn't a fan.

Big cousin reading to little cousin.